Sunday 10 November 2013

Clothes Show Live Competition

First week and also our first outside assignment. As part of our course we are encouraged to take part in competitions outside of the college this means we can get practice working to different briefs. The first one comes from the Clothes Show Live.We were tasked with making  party dress for the 25th Anniversary of the Clothes Show Live. Our brief was 
"Design the perfect party outfit to celebrate the Clothes Show Lives' 25th Birthday. Create and ensemble that epitomises the ultimate Clothes Show Live gal and incorporates a real fun factor."
I focused on the party aspect. Thinking about when you are a child going to a birthday party is a really exciting experience. I was born in the same year clothes show live was founded so I looked back at my childhood the toys of the time . I put together a moodboard also including some images of Katy Perry who I always feel has a real fun factor in the way she dresses.  

Moodboard for Clothes Show Live Comp

After my initial sketches I came up with my final idea. The bows would be made of iridescent film so each one would reflect and change colour in the light. The yellow is taken from inspiration of the toys of the time. A bright pastel. The silhouette is a prom dress. A classic party dress silhouette. 

This was my first ever full fashion design, I really enjoyed the whole experience., I especially love my dress and hope at somepoint I get to make it. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment